Wednesday, June 2, 2010

What's for Lunch Wednesday!

Shannon at What's for Lunch at our House has come up with a great blog carnival to share our favorite bentos of the week.



I'm still new to this bento deal-y so instead of picking my favorite of the week, I'll just show what I'm actually having for lunch Wednesday.

Bento 2010.06.02 1

After Munch went to bed, I made a trip to the grocery store and while there looked for alternatives to plain 'ol bread for sandwiches.  I came across a couple different brands of new sandwich thins.  I chose the Nature's Own and yum!!!  For today's lunch, I used the new Sandwich Thins for my chicken salad sandwich.  I also discovered Nabisco Wheat Thins Flatbreads.  They were pretty cheap so I grabbed a box of both the  Garlic and Parsley and Tuscan Herbs.  The Tuscan Herbs is what's above and, as promised, the hummus is back as a dip for those and the carrots.  Finally, there are strawberries for dessert.

So far I'm still using random Rubbermaid, Glad or whatever brand reusable plastic containers that were already stored neatly thrown in my cupboard.  That's about to change!!  I won a set of EasyLunchboxes in a blog giveaway and unless UPS is playing a cruel trick on me, they should arrive today.  Tomorrow is a physical therapy day for Munch so I'll be packing a breakfast for her as well as lunch for me so I'm excited to try out the EasyLunchboxes.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! We are addicted to the Nature's Own Sandwich Thins around here, I even use them in lieu of buns for burgers or shredded pork.

    Thanks so much for linking up today! You'll have to share your EasyLunchbox creations too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I need to try out some of those sandwich thins myself..

    ReplyDelete